Sunday, April 3, 2011

DAY THIRTY



Today it is raining in Paris after a wonderful brilliant sunny day yesterday.... I am so glad we enjoyed it while it lasted .....

Sundays in Paris are quieter and people mostly seem to do things with their families..... going to the market, etc.

My friends came from the MIJE with all their things and we put it in the studio and went to find some new things for breakfast.... - cheeses and maybe meat and fresh bread - (boulangeries are closed on Sundays) at the Bastille Market.... the third time I have been there and everytime it is such a treat....




We found cheeses, fresh bread and also some "foi grass" - which the butcher had us taste before we left..... the market is such a social place where they want you to taste, and then they are so very excited when you buy something..... something we can all learn from them is their enthusiasm.....

Also some beautiful red tomato on the vine and avo's - I feel I need them and a "frankfurter for me" for supper with a pain du lait I bought at the boulangerie in Rue St Antoine when I went to the shop after my friends left for Germany.






We walked through Place des Vosges and saw some galleries with lovely things and then came home (my studio) where we had some breakfast..... foi grass, 3 types of cheese, orange juice, tea, coffee and marmalade made by my german friend and then they had to go....



It was difficult to say goodbye to them..... they have been so good to me. It was not made easier by the gloominess of the cloudy day..... usually I love the rain and cloudy atmosphere, but today it made it a bit more difficult to say goodbye.

Maybe ----- some day I will see them in South Africa and then I might have the chance to show them South African hospitality and our beautiful country .....

No comments:

Post a Comment