Saturday, April 9, 2011

DAY THIRTY SIX



The above was a small shop I passed on my way to the market.... the name of the shop means
"the story of 2 sisters"


I had to clean my studio this morning and after washing floors etc - which was actually a lot of fun - I had breakfast and decided just to explore the Marais, and the Rue Roziers part of it.... had a wonderful time walking there.....



A gallery along the way and the Musee de Carnavalet garden






Rue Roziers - Jewish delicatesse and restaurants with wonderful food where people stand in line to get some


I also had a mission to buy some flowers....tulips.... I did not like the quality of the market nearby and wanted to go to Marche des enfant rouge...... I was there before with my Finnish friend and really enjoyed it .... it was quite a walk.... but I found what I wanted and came back again....



The flowers I bought.... a beautiful Ferrari on my way home and the Carousel in front of St Paul Metro

Then had something to eat for lunch and off and a bit later went to the St Paul Church where I sat for a moment and experienced the church... although it was derelict on the outside it was very quiet and wonderful to be inside and there were lots of care of the interior.





St Paul Church.....Delacroix painting on the left

After that it was off to Place des Vosges..... along a very busy road - trampled by tourists.... I was not used to them.... but unfortunately this was Paris and everybody wanted a bit of it....

Place des Vosges was so crowded.... it was sunny it was weekend and early spring what did I expect.... 2 little boys were playing a cardgame and I asked them if I could sit down on the other side of their bench to sit and read.... they did not mind....

I was reading Paris by the moon want to lend it to my Finnish friend.... perhaps she will like to read it.... - but soon I was mesmerised by the 2 little boys and their easy way they talked French - and again decided that it was something I would also like to do still..... and why not?

Read a bit but there was such a buzz there..... almost noisy.... - the water was coming from the fountains and the people were having so much fun..... nobody misbehaved - just fun.

I sketched something insipid, but still did it..... I find that my sketches are not so good, well not something I would try and sell, but at least I was doing it..... - and enjoying it.



So, then I was off again to buy some water and decide on supper....

This was so amazing....in Paris, Spring, lots of happy people around me..... - I am missing my family but this is just so unreal.....


Place des Vosges - enjoyed by all.... and on my way to supermarket a "port" door with a wonderful habberdashery shop in the courtyard....I had to see ......

No comments:

Post a Comment