Tuesday, April 5, 2011

DAY THIRTY TWO

It was one of those wondrous days when you don't know if you are dreaming or if you are really walking the streets of Paris....



Don't make a mistake, the streets are full of tourists, and that in itself is not ideal and not like I am used to by now....so sometimes you have to wait for people to pass, and busses stop with loads of people all over..... but in all a wonderful day... the sun came out - it wasn't cold, but sometimes when you turn a corner you had a whiff of very chilly air....



THE METRO

I was everywhere I wanted to go today, and I don't have a very good map - just one I got from the station with very small print.... so when I was searching for the Palais de Tokyo.... I just walked in at a very nice hotel and asked the receptionist if I was on the right way....she helped me very kindly and even printed the google map for me....

The Palais de Tokyo was not such a wonder, but the exhibition which was on of Kees van Dongen was brilliant.... brilliant. He is a Fauve artist.... but really skillful.

There was also some dancers paintings of Matisse in the Palais de Tokyo which I also stood in awe of....huge paintings.




I have also wanted to see the Palais Royal and its gardens and went there from the Metro station..... somewhere in my first week I remember walking at that Metro station and not knowing where I was.... and now it seemed easy. (this is a brilliant feeling)




I heard of a Marc Jacobs shop near Place Vendome.... Marche st Honore to be exact and found it.... it was good to see the articles on sale....as far as I remember he is an ex South African....

Walking back towards the Seine I found myself in Rue de Rivoli again and wanted to see if I could find the Angelina cake and coffee shop my one client told me to get hot chocolate at....I found it and bought a small cake which I had for lunch with tea (late at 5) to celebrate my friend in Germany who is turning 21 tomorrow.... it was wonderful but too sweet and obviously I won't have it again.... but when in Paris.......



On my list to go to was the Sonnelier art shop and find it open....have been there twice....and then it was..... as one of the bloggers I found on the Internet very accurately stated, they did not have very friendly people who served the clientele, but at least I found what I was looking for..... and saved a bit of money.... if I had bought it from BHV around the corner it might have cost me a 6 or 8 euro more and to me that is a good amount to be saving.



I just realised that my friend from South Africa must be on her plane and flying to Amsterdam by now..... she will first be visiting German friends in Berlin and then onwards to Paris - to visit me and we will together visit with other South African friends..... I am looking forward to that it will be another special adventure.



The busses full of visitors are coming - and the Louvre/Tulleries gardens are tended to - and lots of schoolgroups arriving in the city

I think that when I am home life should not be so dreary and monotonous and we should make something special of every day.... it need not be a ratrace.... it can be adventurous.....



2 works of art I viewed today at a gallery.... and a lonely man sitting at the riverside below the bridge...


And now we are off to see an open studio - will put up the photo's I took later......

No comments:

Post a Comment