Sunday, April 10, 2011

DAY THIRTY SEVEN



On the left the very busy metro at st Paul our nearest metro station..... the area we got out for the museum and the park where an elderly lady was the donkey keeper and led the donkeys to have rides for small children....

Paris is putting on her best spring coat today... it is warm and sunny and we wanted to visit Bois de Boulogne but it was a bit far to go and too large... and the Paris Marathon seemed to convert the city into one traffic jam.... in metro, busses, etc.

My friend and I went to the Musee de Marmaton instead... it is situated in a different area as the area we usually walk in....near the Eiffel and one could clearly see that it was a lovely "more affluent" area.... - the museum was wonderful. I wasn't allowed to take photo's.

I saw the Gare st Lazare in real life and also the other Monets which I have always admired... a few of the Monet art pieces could not be viewed they closed off some of the exhibition area.... it was a pity, but we saw what we could and left.....walked back and decided to have lunch in a small cafe....


Real Sunday food - asperagus for entree and beef and potato and then a cassis sorbet....


It was the first time I had a whole meal at a cafe and I was glad that we decided to do this....
after all we were in Paris. Took a nice walk down to the Seine and there we got a bus to Hotel de Ville - near our studios - where we first had a cafe noisette at cafe Richard - small cup of strong coffee with a touch of milk. (Thanks E for helping me with all the french terms and new words....)


Palais de Chaillot - from the Trocadero fountains.... took a bus back home and Palais de Tokyo flashed past...... and the view from Cafe Richard.......where we had a small coffee

The days are getting warmer and warmer and my time here shorter and shorter.... although I am sorry that it has to end I somehow look forward to going home and be with my family.... a richer (in experience) and friends and a wiser person. (I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment