Wednesday, April 6, 2011

DAY THIRTY THREE



On our way to the Algire market.... and a whole piglet on a spit

I am going with my Finnish friend to look at a museum/gallery of somebody she knows, to a market and maybe a bit to the Luxemborg gardens.... we will see.

I also have some things to sort out in the studio today - and my feet are "killing me" - not really but you get the idea.... they have done a lot and I think somewhere today and tomorrow I will give them a bit of rest while I sort out some paper, clothes and things here in the studio.



Today it is exactly 3 weeks till I go home.... it is with mixed feelings I say this. I would love to be with my family again.... but I love the way that I can use transport here, can walk, can buy what I need for food every day......the general lifestyle.... the challenge would be to incorporate what I have learnt here about myself and how I would like to live into what we are able to do at home.....

a challenge in itself.....

And what a wonderful day we had....walked to the market bought some fresh things....but France your fruit unfortunately does not taste the same than ours.... or Finnish ones....but it will do - it does look lovely.



A quick coffee at a small cafe on our route from the market back to the studio and then off to the museum from the cite metro station.... it is near the Notre Dame church...





Zadkine museum... no photo's allowed of inside, but this was outside


The Zadkine museum was amazing... a bit hidden behind other buildings with its own little courtyard garden and just too lovely.... and the works were amazing.... there were some other exhibition but the Zadkine works were much better and I really enjoyed it a lot....




Luxemborg Gardens.... sun is out and lots of fun is to be had



The Luxemborg garden as always a brilliant choice to spend lunch and we drank up the sun.... my friend needs every bit of it - her country does not have so much all year.... - walking back we had a coffee and some more sun and then had to come home....we really made the best of the day and this evening going to an exhibition at the Cite but will be trying to miss the "speaches".... and will go a moment later to do so - hopefully we will enjoy it and it will be good....




The Cluny museum medieval herb garden and back of the building

No comments:

Post a Comment