Tuesday, April 26, 2011

DAY FIFTY THREE




The above for my friend in South Africa he knows who he is, - I leave them in the storage room for you to come and use when you will come here....soon I hope.....

The day before my departure....but still a day to go.... my friend who lives here is coming for a visit and we are going to walk a bit and then I have to ready the studio for the inspection...clean the floors again and so on.... but I don't mind - I know they clean it again but it is nice to leave the place like you would like to receive it....or as near to it as possible.



On the left my favourite bridge, Pont des arts - in the middle again, and another bridge on right..... I adore the Paris bridges each with its own "personality"


I thought still to go to Musee de Beaux arts but it appears there is just so much that we saw in any case....so I think I will ask my friend if we can walk the Tuilleries gardens again....at least there the people don't dodge each other the whole time as is the case with the rest of Paris....or so it seems to me.




Left a cafe in the Jardin de Tuilleries - where we had a sandwich and coffee and the wonderful irisses and then people sunbathing at every fountain and no available chairs for us..... amazing sight to see - everybody soaking up a bit of sun

So this is my second last day.... tomorrow I will be going home..... I want to go to the airport early - don't want anything to go wrong on my trip home or at least not anything I can prevent.....

It is sunny, and warm in Paris.... as if she is showing us her best side for the last few days....




Left the last building of the Louvre....one of the most beautiful and so typical French/Paris architectural style and on the right a bit of the path back home/studio next to the Seine

There are several people I have learnt to know who are leaving tomorrow .... throughout the Annex people are cleaning and throwing things away etc.... in a way it is sad, but in another a happy event.... I am sure that when I sit on the plane on my way home I will see it as a happy event, but at the moment it does seem a bit sad....



However, it is not only me with these mixed emotions....there are a lot of us, and last night after the open studio, we had something to drink and talked - and there is a sadness in all of us, but new beginnings is waiting...when something ends something else starts.... it will be a challenge to see other things as exciting as this was, but life is a huge adventure, and we have to keep it that, and do things to keep life interesting..... and we have all the tools to do this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment