Monday, April 4, 2011

DAY THIRTY ONE



On the left the Cite building with lovely flowers in front and the middle Ille St Louis with a lady I have seen before walking her dog.... and the Pont Marie on the right.... one of my favourite bridges


It is a chilly cloudy morning in Paris.... but I think the sun will be out a bit later.... it is time for me to pay my second installment of my rent for the studio..... when I came here this was all in the future and now it is here already......too fast



On my way to St Germain, the back of the Notre Dame - with flying buttresses and from the side and then the Shakespeare bookshop just a stone throw away from it.... with wonderful flowering trees in the front.... only a few weeks ago they were bare.....





Bon Marche - from Rue de Sevres entrance

The Bon Marche seemed far, but sooner than I thought I was inside.... a huge store and just as mind boggling as I remember..... after a walk through the shop I went to the "foodstore" across the road and bought something with pistachio (my daughter loves that) to see if it was good....my Finnish friend and I would share it later.....





The above - the Hermes flagstore in Rue de Sevres no 17..... it is amazing... I was not allowed to take photo's of the merchandise, but only of the interior...from the outside you can mistake it for a flowershop....but inside it is amazing.... and fits the price of the scarves.... - let's not name the price but just say that it would definitely be something you would specify in your will....

Walked back through the 6th Arrondisemont - past Cafe flore and Doux Magot.... the two most famous Parisian cafes.... on St Germain Boulevard and almost next to each other. According to Adam Gopnick - writer of Paris to the Moon the Cafe Flore is the more fashionable one to go to..... to my opinion there were just as many people sitting there as at the Deux Magot....?

In any way, the walk back was lovely as always and full of memories of when I visited Paris with my husband a view years ago....we stayed in St Germain.....

Then had a coffee with my Finnish friend - we are both under the impression of the fact that we only have 3 weeks left here and it is a bit scary....although both of us is looking forward to seeing our families again.... as one can expect.......




Left bank flowershop in Rue du Baci - Middle Palais de Justice in back - just next to St Chaipelle church.... and the bridge on my way home

Being here has taught me so much about myself, and about lifestyle and appreciation of what we have .....

No comments:

Post a Comment