Saturday, March 5, 2011

DAY TWO

Another blessed day with sunshine - during winter in Paris. It is amazing. It is nippy, but not so as to bother an enthusiastic soul from Africa. I am preparing to go to the Bastille Market. It is also the first Sunday of the month so the museums are free today. I won't however push my luck still a bit of jetlag so will be gentle with myself and see what I would like to - if need be only one museum... tomorrow I am going to organise my card which will give me discount on museum entrance fees and some of the musee is free so I am not going to break my back and stand in long lines and spoil my adventure.

Watch out this space later today....will tell you what I found and put up some photo's of today and the flat - before and after personalization. I am at home.... not quite but home in Paris.

I am very much aware of where my real home is - with my family and friends in SA.



----a quite eventful day. I went to the Bastille Market on my way there walked along the Seine in a wonderfully quiet road....they closed it for a marathon, an Adidas marathon, what a pleasure everywhere there were people walking their dogs, children on bicycles and the Parissians seemed to know that they had to take the chance to enjoy the quiet street.....



I got to Bastille where the Monument is where the old Bastille prison was built and there just next to the monument was a market Marche Bastille - wow I have never seen so many types of seafood, the choices were mind boggling.... I couldn't decide so I did not buy anything just took photo's to my heart's content. It was mostly food, clothes and not so good jewellery.

Also, there were flowers, seafood, lots of chicken - and lots of strange vegetables and fruit.... quite an assortment of things. The produce come from all over the world with Maroccan citrus fruit, Spanish oranges, Kenian greenbeans....etc.




I ventured towards Rue St Antoine in search of other happenings and came upon the marathon and now I understand why they closed the streets..... it was more than 45 minutes I had to wait before dodging between the runners to the other side.... on my search for St Paul Village.

All through the morning every now and again I was astonished about the Parisians need to get out and be in the sun...fully dressed, boots and coats with a need to be in public - they seem to have the need to get out....and they do.

The sun isn't very warming and it is really chilly outside so I went home and had something to eat and then went to the Louvre in hope to be able to enter with the "free first Sunday" but it wasn't possible - there were a huge line in waiting. So I walked back - took a metro there - but walked back- on the pont des arts which I painted I was surprised to find in the mesh of the bridge people put small locks with lovers' name on it.... for instance Mary and John, forever.
I thought it was such a novel idea. - see photo.

Now I am in the flat. I am tired of the cold. I am going to make warm food and read I think....and sort out my photo's - I am a bit trigger happy but that's what I am here for - to gather and gather more.


2 comments:

  1. Maman! Je suis très fier de toi!

    (Google Translate hom maar!)

    Die foto's is pragtig - die blou lug is so mooi! Gaan kyk die slotjies weer en kry nog 'n angle om dit van te verf, so cute idee!

    ReplyDelete