Sunday, March 6, 2011

DAY THREE



Monday - many of the musee is closed today - but that isn't any problem for me....today I have to do all my admin get my friend's bedding / organise it, etc. I would also like to get information on photo development..... my hands itch to sketch - don't know if I would do much, but at least I want the option to be able to.

I sorted out all the money things and admin and then started an epic walk from the Marais to the Musee d' Orsay. - it took me past the Notre dame, - I sat in a small park behind the church... I didn't previously know about this park.... place Jean - and then walked further and saw the Saint Chapelle - across the islands to the other side of the river...the left bank... past the Concierge which they are fixing at the moment and walked and walked.......



The Orsay was closed, but I suppose I thought I had to look if it was still there.....Eventually went over the bridge to walk next to the Tuilleries garden but on the river side....and then came at the bottom of the garden where I started my walk back through the garden through the Louvre (and had my very first chocolate chaud (hot chocolate)alone). It was freezing......



Then towards the Opera area and bought soup for tonight at Monoprix and wonderful yoghurt.... and walked and walked untill I thought I could no more.... then I got onto the very first metro - to St Paul Metro Station because I found when I would get off there, I can buy my bread / demi baquette on my way home......which I did - so there in short you have my day.

But somebody from Finland who I met at the elevator the day before yesterday invited me for coffee this afternoon so I think I will go.... also, I left small notes in the postboxes of the other two South Africans who are here at the moment. Maybe I will hear from them.

1 comment: