Wednesday, March 23, 2011

DAY NINETEEN

A restless night.... the people upstairs made a lot of noise.... but nevertheless the sunny day outside seems magnificent. I will have breakfast and off to see how much time it takes to Gare du Nord....don't want to miss my train on Friday.

Made myself coffee (italian blend i brought with) and will have a piece of baquette with cheese and myrtle jam - and then set off on the Metro.... also, i want to go and see the Petit Palais today.... it is not something I think my friend who is coming in April to visit will see..... and then somewhere today I want to sit in a park and read my book: Paris to the Moon.... I have only read a few pages since buying it here in Paris.......

So I went off - firstly to see how long it would take for me to get to Gare du Nord from Pont Marie.

I timed myself - with wrong turns, etc.... 30 minutes by METRO. I have to be at the station earlier.... so found that out as well..... I think I am ok....




The Grand Palais left.... the Petit Palais in the middle and right.....


So after that went to Petit Palais and the building was beautiful and there were all kinds of small objects shown which was used by people in the past.... a wonderful experience in all.



The small articles, the beautiful staircase and a small park next to place Clemencau

Came back for lunch - the Boulangerie assistant and I had a misunderstanding and I did not get the quiche I ordered but a bun with some salami melted onto it.... but I was hungry and I had it - next time I will explain better..... at least I got something edible.....something to be thankful for.

On my way to Place des Vosges - another musician...today I saw saxophone player on the train, violinist on station and another one on the train and then this one under the overhang of one of the houses which leads to the plain...... some of the small things which makes this way of life special....



The above on my way to Place des Vosges

After a stop at the studio I decided to go to Place des Vosges.... and there I sat and read my book..... the French does not believe to waste good weather....every body was out there in the sun.... the police came to get the people off the finely cut grass and behind me the man who was sitting when I asked if I could sit there - he was on his back fast asleep.....



The French was out to get the sun .... my neighbour on his back on the bench...and the flowers that just come up.... they are not planted there they just appear....

My Finnish friend and I had coffee and she brought us a beautiful piece of tart with Mirabelle and another berry it was very nice and the company was good - so nice to speak to somebody who share the values that I treasure........

No comments:

Post a Comment