Saturday, March 19, 2011

DAY FIFTEEN

The day that there will be a huge full moon... it is very cloudy in Paris and might even rain.... I have been off to the supermarche very early - haven't bought water yet will go again on my way back to the studio this afternoon.

I am off to see some markets and to walk around in the Marais.... always with a metro card near so if I really get lost then I will just get on a metro train.... it is such a joy having public transport.




So, I hope to find Rue de Rosiers where there are lots of little food shops, to see a market or two, to find something for lunch and this afternoon it is crunch time.... I have to begin sometime.... it is such a lovely day also just to stay at the studio, but would be such a waste.....

And so I went off - first met another neighbour with a little boy who stays here - and so we said we will drink coffee some time. She is going to an exhibition tonight - she said she will come by, but I don't really feel like going. I hope she will understand.



So, I found Rue de Roziers, but some of the old shops that were there has been converted to clothing and shoe shops....however it was still a good walk and there were still some of the realness there... it is supposed to be Jewish shops and food, with pastrami, boulangeries, etc. It wasn't too commercialized I really liked it and will walk there again soon.






I also found the Musee de Carnavalet which shows some of the historic things from the past...just bric a brac and pictures how things looked, etc....but still informative.... - I went past the market, but they were packing up and I went on to see a bit of the Bazaar Hotel de Ville Soldes as well as have something there for lunch.... it reminds me a bit of the meals we got in hostel at university, and the ladies serving just as friendly, but, it is such a good buy - and I sit between all the strangers and watch people - really enjoy it.



The surroundings is so much more familiar now and tomorrow I will venture to the Place des Voges area again.... previously I was so confused when I was there.... and it is so beautiful....and I would like to just walk and window watch in Rue de Rivoli tomorrow.....

So there....and I have to start drawing... been said enough..... must just get to it....

No comments:

Post a Comment