Tuesday, March 15, 2011

DAY ELEVEN




I wanted to go to the Pompediou today but according to my book and the website it is closed... so I set off for the Musee d' Orsay. ( The Musee d' Orsay was an old station where lots of the Impressionists' paintings is kept, such as Manet, Monet, Degas, Gaugain, Van Gogh, Seurat, etc.)



It was a long walk.....and after I finished there I made a huge detour through St Germain to take photo's of where my husband and I stayed a few years ago, in Rue de Dragon....



Cafe Flore and Deux Magot is still proudly there in St Germain Boulevard....and then I went looking for a place to develop photo's which I found....FNAC.... 77 St Germain Boulevard.




Tomorrow I will then be going to the Pompediou and Thursday if it works out I will visit my friend in Chatou just outside the city.... there is a palace, chateau or something which I also would like to see but we can also do it together with my other friend who is coming near the end of my stay here.....



a small alley where the people tried to catch some sun at a cafe

Last night I saw that the other people from all over the world were actually trying to work and to do something concrete... therefore the search for the photo developers.... wasn't so excited about that though, they take days to do it.... and it doesn't seem to cost too much, but in any way I will be trying my computer screen first - it might just work.

Took photo's along the way - and a few in the Orsay, although everywhere there is no photo notices... i think too many people used the flash...which is not a good thing with the old paiintings.

The bridges fascinates me and the people walking on, over and around them too..... I still don't really have a clue or a theme I want to work from... there is so much here, so much input, so much happening - so much.

And then I again tried to see the Cluny and again forgot it is not open on Tuesdays...hopefully now I will remember that and not make that mistake ever again.

I am sure I will be able to see it sometime - I would like to in any case.... - also the Branly, but that I will do with my friend when she comes and she goes and see the Eiffel tower.

The Four hour walk is taking its toll....my feet are dead tired... made the mistake to put on the Hi tech boots which is made for hiking, but I think not for my feet.

So, the exhibition I will miss the opening and rather go and see it tomorrow in my own time.... I will rather stay home and rest and see if I can figure out what to try and see tomorrow. We got a list of musee that we can enter libre/free. It is very kind of the Cite to organise this for us. It really is such comfort to think you can visit the Orangerie, Orsay, Pompediou, Cluny, etc as many times you would like.... without paying.

The amaing Starry night of Van Gogh is in the ORSAY..... the people stand around it almost worse than they do around the Mona Lisa.... I could not dare take a photo there ..... such a pity...and they put it behind glass in the frame must be to protect it.

Although I did not come here for the museums - I am enjoying these..... but best of all is the walking there and back.... and watching the people... the sun is out today in all glory - but already the clouds are coming in ...soft fluffy ones.....

No comments:

Post a Comment