Wednesday, March 16, 2011

DAY TWELVE



The sun is shining..... I see that everybody here sleeps late, so this morning I also tried but have been lying awake thinking since 8 - it is later than I sleep usually and I just think there is so much to do out there ....anyway that wasn't very successful.

My friend's birthday today and this evening we will have apperitifs with her and go to her Finnish Society/consulate I am not sure.... but I will gladly go I think it is good to see and experience different things...

I will visit the Pompediou today - they are open and maybe walk in the Rue de Rivoli for a while there is beautiful shops there - it seems the ones that are in the Champs Elyssees are there as well....so instead of going all that way, I would rather window shop here a few blocks away.

Tomorrow I will visit my friend that lives outside of Paris.








After seeing the Pompediou which was as always impressive, I walked back thinking that I need something substantial for lunch not just a sandwich or something but meat and vegetables.... another friend from South Africa told me that BHV has a terrific assortment of food and that you actually don't pay much for it....so in I went.... I first went saw and thought I would rather go...but one flight down the escalators I turned back... this South African had to have some meat NOW - and I got the Plat du jour....chicken and veg - it was like having a sunday lunch at home...after nearly two weeks of sandwiches, cold food, soup and fruit, and lots of yoghurt, this was it.... I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and then went into the shop to see what they have on sale - it is quite a sale with 30 percent mark downs, but still a bit too expensive.....



So I came home and on my way here bought some tulips the most beautiful pink purple ones for half the price it would have been at home.... they are beautiful. I will quickly take a photo - I would like to upload the photo's tomorrow I am not here, and they are doing pest control.... so apparently I have to put away all food things.... luckily I don't have a lot standing around....

So even though the esel is out with a board and paper, it might only be on Friday that I can start sketching... maybe not a bad thing and then Friday afternoon I want to go and see the Brancussi museum and if I don't succeed working from the computer screen I got a place where one can make photo copies ....that would be good enough for me in any way.......




No comments:

Post a Comment