Thursday, March 10, 2011

DAY SIX

Busy with a bit of work I have to finish for my website clients.... and then off to Gare du Nord to fetch my friend who is coming from Amsterdam with the Thalys. I will go early in case I get lost...don't want her to panick.

I will see what she feels like, but might be a good idea to visit the Louvre tonight.... it is open till 10 on Thursdays and the lines are so long that I don't want to do it on other days.... we will see.

(I must have seen on wrong website, but my Finnish friend helped and said it was only on Friday evening....so we just went for a very very long walk ..... all the way to Monoprix in the Champs Elyssees.)



I have been to boulangerie, Petit Versailles to buy the baquette for lunch and a pain de chocolat for my breakfast of yoghurt, orange juice - coffee from south africa and pain de chocolat. I don't do it every morning but it is such a treat it is only a block or so away and then it is so fresh and I heat it for a moment in the microwave and there it is.....

For next few days will be a tourist in this amazing city. I saved it for when my friends come.... so I will see the tourist places again.... I won't go into all of them, but will wait for her and see what people do.... to me that is the best.

My friend arrived with Thalys 75 minutes late, but just when I thought she wouldn't come the train was there.....we went for a few hours' walk to the Champs Elyssees - and back.... my feet were sore but I was so glad she was ok and I could talk in my own language.... one don't know how much it means till you miss it so, you could speak to yourself....and answer (maybe not so good an idea)



We had so much fun while walking.....

No comments:

Post a Comment