Monday, March 7, 2011

DAY FOUR


A very good morning - I have settled in I think - the rubbish lorry is now a sign that I have a few more hours to sleep.... and when I open my curtains and the people on the other side of the road haven't opened theirs.... it is already 9 o'clock in Paris. People don't get up early.

I haven't made friends with the radiators yet....their noise in the night I don't hear so much anymore, but the warm cold warm cold through the night is not my idea of bliss.... perhaps this African girl will make peace with it.... at the moment it is dry eyes and grogginess in the morning.... I am sure it is the "toasty" blessing of the radiators....

Also, I think people will think I am losing it.... but I am sure that I can feel/hear the metro trains it sounds like a distant African thunderstorm...... a rumble.....and there is movement.... maybe I am imagining it.... but somehow it is comforting - almost like when you live near a trainstation and get used to the train "noise".

But enough of that said, I am on a mission today to find two things: 1 The Shakespeare bookshop near Boulevard St Michelle, and the other, a place who will develop photo's for me.....

Later today -early evening we have an opening of a photo exhibition at the Cite.... I will attend with my new acquintance, from Finland.... she is a textile designer and you might want to have a look at her work at: http://www.elinahelenius.com

So I am off....



I tried to find the Shakespeare bookshop - did so in no time, but then the book was more expensive than on Amazon.com so I first thought to have it delivered, but oh boy then it would be 3 x the price so this afternoon I went all the way back to get it.....



I also went up to St Germain, and I revisited the area where we stayed with our children in 2005. Rue St Andre des Arts and the hotel, Rue du bac, the Boulevard St Michelle. Tried to visit the Cluny museum for decorative arts, but they were closed today....thus far I have not seen or been in one museum.... it is different to both the other times I was in Paris... I even walk slower and try and breath in the atmosphere.... it really is a special city.

I also bought some essentials ..... and filmed a short video of two young men rollerblading at the Notre Dame..... between small plastic cups.... quite an accomplishment.

Tomorrow my friend who lives in France is coming to visit. I will visit in the morning and then after the get-together of Cite dwellers, I will take the afternoon off and prepare for my friend who is coming on Thursday. For the following 4 days we will be very busy - would like her to have a good visit with me in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment