Saturday, March 12, 2011

DAY EIGHT



This morning - a sunny Paris morning....chilling, but sunny we were at the Eiffel before 9am - my friend did not care for the huge line at the Eiffel yesterday so we decided she will go early this morning.

Then after that I gave her the directions to get to Versailles.... I have been there and did not want to go again, I walked to the Branly Museum but was too early....it wasn't open yet....then I went to the hill on which the Palaice de Chaillot stands.... the one I made a painting of ...... and I "walked in my painting" - it felt very surreal and strange....it was cold and I could almost take the photo that Muhammed Muheisen took and I worked from for the painting.... but obviously lacking the quality his photo has....



What an amazing city this is.... on the way back with the metro - on one of the stations an accordion player got on the train and played accordion.

People here think and do differently from that which I am used to....


The tree in the courtyard...each day there are more blossoms

And just when I thought I would never have to use the heavy jacket I brought from home, it started raining while I was at the G20 supermarket. Not too far I buy water there, and bought some Ritz crackers and a salmon patee/dip and chocolate mousse.... I remembered from when I was in Paris with my husband and decided not to just buy - I asked a local and she helped me very kindly to what the better option would be.

I also asked about sparkling wine which was quite affordable but she immediately took me to the MUM and the other "brandname" champagnes, definitely wasn't an option to go for so I left it.

We wanted to go to the river this evening and drink some wine, but perhaps we will have to do it at the flat this evening.... tomorrow evening we are supposed to go on a batobus for a scenic tour and during the day do the arc-d'triomph, the Bastille market, and walk around a bit....hopefully it won't rain it is her last day here.

Tomorrow there is a very large cycle race where thousands of people participate in South Africa, the cyclists are in my thoughts and I wish them not too much heat and the wind from behind...

No comments:

Post a Comment