Monday, March 21, 2011

DAY SEVENTEEN



The Les Halles shopping centre with the "Fontaine des Innocents on the left...the last Renaissance fountain left in Paris and then Les Halles shopping centre ...quite a modern structure between the old buildings of the 3rd.

I eventually decided to go to find the Marche at Rue de Montergueil - I set off with the Metro as I wanted to see if I could find Metro tickets.... - I got the office open and bought two carnet - before I have to panick about train tickets again.... at least I could buy it with my bank card... if you use the automated card machines you have to use coins... Hallo?



The Pompediou and the Place Igor Stravinsky.... the fountain had no water - but I had to see it

Then I really lost myself and got lost....walked for hours and did not find the market but saw amazing little shops, places where you can stay for an hour or so and just see what interesting things they have... but I was on a mission... not accomplished.



A "DOG SHOP" - exclusive and cute... and a huge wooden door with so much behind it...it was standing open and as I am fascinated by these worlds behind the big doors, I entered and found some bikes in a small quartyard....

However, I will go another day - at least I got out into the sun and saw a different part - the 3rd arrondissemont - Even it is by error I am learning my way around this beautiful and confusing city.



Above - back in the Marais... a Starbucks - they are strewn around the city - one side of Rue de Rivoli, the other towards "Tour st Jacques"


I came home did some things that needed to be done (like having lunch) and started searching on the Net - and found interesting places such as Sommellier's art shop - I think I have past it one day on my way to the Orsay and also a toy shop which sounds interesting very near in the Marais.

So - adventure waits..... and still no drawings.... about that I am quiet.... the pastell pencils are out on the table....




The Marais where I stay is full of really "old buildings" - and surprises around the corner.... like the little alley where there is a beautiful little shop with clothes and bags and a pub on a corner almost next to the very very old buildings from 1600 something.....

No comments:

Post a Comment