Friday, March 18, 2011

DAY FOURTEEN

It is sunny again.... Paris weather is strange. However to me it is enjoyable. There has only been soft rain which was barely noticeable since I am here..... in all nice weather - sometimes a bit chilly.

I am desperately trying to get myself together to sketch.... funny that it is so difficult - I think because it is out of my comfort zone..... but I have to get myself together and just do it.

I am going to have breakfast and then off to the Cluny for the 3rd time this time I know they are open and then would like to go and see the Pantheon.... apparently that is quite extraordinary. Somewhere today I will also see if I can see the Brancussi museum which is on the other side of the Seine.... so today will see Left and Right bank.

The days are all an adventure - see different things and different people.....



The above - Pont Louis - over the Seine to the Ille st Louis and then another bridge to get on Ille de la Cite where the Notre Dame is, and other bridge to the Left Bank.... The Seine ever present

As I mentioned it stays an adventure.... I went to see the Pantheon, came upon the Luxemborg gardens by "accident" and then went to the most amazing Cranach exhibition there, then onwards to the Cluny museum..... and did not see the Brancussi today.... however it is an exhibition I can always see later so, I really enjoyed what I saw today....







The Pantheon is an amazing building - and in the crypts at the bottom of the building lies people like Voltaire, Dumas, Victor Hugo, Marie and Pierre Currie, Zola, Gambetta and many more hero's and heroin of the French Nation




There are a list of musee we can see for a reduced fee and today I again realised what a wonderful thing that is.... I saw the Pantheon for almost half price and the Cranach one for a huge reduction. Nevertheless it was quite a few euro later, but one does not want to miss the exhibitions or the magnificence of the Pantheon.








The Musee de Luxemborg and the Cranach exhibition was a great joy and I really enjoyed the colours, the quality of the work and the detail.




Above the Musee de Cluny and the St Sulpice church on the right - somehow I got there before I got to the Cluny.... walked a huge detour, but enjoyed experiencing the city and its people




Above the St Severin church.... mentioned in the Da Vinci Code.... there was a man sleeping and
snoring so hard... it was difficult to keep a straight face in the church.... it is a bit neglected, but has a lot of atmosphere

It is a soft rain which is pouring onto Paris. The street noise is less, I think the kids who wait in the streets to go home, must have gone inside somewhere.... or home. It is after all Friday afternoon.

In South Africa it is a long weekend and my family is also going away to the sea for the weekend.... somehow I cannot imagine the weather to be so warm that you would like to be at the sea - 30 plus celcius and more.... they will enjoy they like camping.

Tomorrow I think I will see what the weather does and go to a market.... my Finnish friend and I might go together - or otherwise I will just walk into the Marais tomorrow.... perhaps see what there is to see in the streets..... I am beginning to find my way without maps... it is a comforting feeling....

I also found an art shop today. There is such an amazing variety..... think I will go back there soon......





The above is on my way home after the day's adventures - the Seine from Quai de Sevres , Hotel de Ville, and the Carousel on Place Hotel de Ville

No comments:

Post a Comment