Tuesday, March 8, 2011

DAY FIVE


Another sunny day - how blessed can one person be....? A friend is coming to go to a market today and another is coming for 4 days tomorrow.....

I am getting used to all of this..... will post again this afternoon/tonight. And then as the day went on - 2h later it is cloudy and cold....but not too bad.

I will have to get used to the weather changing so quickly.... I would love to take photo's of people at the cafe's but at the moment they are all huddled under the roofs and near the gasheaters as possible so it isn't making the picture I would like it to ..... or the one associated with Paris.

Although it is icy, it is not a problem and I have enough warm clothes. I didn't battle with my suitcase for nothing.

The weather turned again and although it was a bit chilly and overcast, no rain.... we went to Rue Moufftard where there is a market - we sat down to have a coffee and the time flew.... when you speak your own language, somehow it just does.

So I will have to go back again.... it is amazing how the French people operate.... I love it. I also love the fact that the further one is from home, the more you seem to appreciate what is your own....

We also had a get together at the Cite to meet other newcomers and people already here, and my fellow countryman and woman was nowhere to be seen....luckily a young woman from America, my friend from Finland and other Fins and a Swedish man was kind enough to make me part of the conversation.

A pity the South Africans wasn't there....

I post some photo's in Rue Moufftard and a photo of the Boulangerie "petit Versailles" and the G20 supermarket in Village St Paul where I go shopping for water and the basics.... it isn't the best supermarket around, but at least the basics they have.....



My friend brought me some food so I don't have to "foodshop" for tonight and she also spoiled me with a choux pastry delicacy which the French apparently love - I will share it with my Finnish friend when she comes to have coffee.....from a pot I borrowed from my friend here, as well as coffee that another friend sent with me from home.... I can't believe I actually brought it - but now it is a "comfort" - all the little familiar things makes it home..... and tomorrow I have a visitor and we will be tourists for 4 days......

Just to show you ------ spring is on its way - the photo taken in the courtyard of the Annex where I stay



1 comment: